Feed additives for cows: an effective method of increasing milk yield.

In modern animal husbandry, feed additives for cows have become an integral part of the animal diet. This is due to the fact that they contribute to improving the overall health of cows, increasing their productivity and, as a result, increasing milk yields. In this article, we will look at how exactly do feed additives affect the milk yield of cows and why they are an effective method for increasing productivity in animal husbandry, and also touch on a set of measures that must be followed to increase milk yields.
Feed additives are special substances that are introduced into the diet of cows to improve the nutritional value of feed, increase food absorption and improve the overall health of animals. They may contain vitamins, minerals, amino acids, prebiotics, probiotics, enzymes and other useful substances.
One of the most common feed additives are probiotics and prebiotics.
Probiotics are living microorganisms that inhabit the intestine and contribute to its healthy microflora. They improve digestion and absorption of nutrients, which leads to an increase in milk yield.
Prebiotics are food substances that are not absorbed by the body, but serve as food for beneficial bacteria in the intestine. They promote the reproduction of good microflora, improve digestion and increase milk yield.
Other effective feed additives are vitamins and minerals. They are necessary for the normal functioning of the cow's body, including the functioning of the mammary gland. The addition of vitamins and minerals to the diet of cows can improve their overall health, which in turn leads to an increase in milk yield.
Also, some feed additives contain amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein. The addition of amino acids to the diet of cows allows you to increase the protein content in milk, which increases its nutritional value and commercial value for the producer.
It is important to note that the effectiveness of feed additives can vary depending on many factors, including feed quality, animal housing conditions and the genetic predisposition of cows to milk production. Therefore, before the introduction of feed additives, it is necessary to consult with a veterinarian or a specialist in the field of animal feeding.
The productivity of cows can be actively shaped and regulated. Only 20% of this indicator is due to hereditary factors, the remaining 80% depend on the conditions of keeping, care and use of animals. To maintain the health of livestock and increase its resistance to diseases, it is necessary to regularly carry out the following activities:
- thorough cleaning and disinfection of premises, feeders and equipment;
- deratization, disinsection and deacarization;
- exclusion of livestock contact with foreign animals, birds and people;
- periodic veterinary examinations;
- vaccination;
- maintaining hygiene;
- improving the diet and feeding technology.
To increase milk yield, special attention should be paid to the technology of cows maintenance. The type of premises and equipment, the organization of feeding, the mode of movement and milking largely determine the productivity of animals.
In conditions of extreme temperature and humidity, whether high or low, the level of dairy productivity may decrease by 10-13%, while the cost of feeding animals may increase by 5-10%. The system of tethered livestock contributes to an increase in productivity by 10-26% and a reduction in feeding costs by up to 12%. Pasture keeping of cows contributes to an increase in the level of dairy productivity, while the restriction of physical activity leads to its decrease.